Who are the Comforters?
The Comforters include the ministries for Prayer Shawls, Quilters, Baptismal Blankets, and Confirmation Shawls.
Comforters are back!
– Wednesday September 8th –
Upstairs in the Dining area next to the
Parish Hall from 10 am—noon.
If you have any questions,
please call the office at 835-0407.
See you there!
Benefactors of this ministry have been Haven House, the Cancer Ward at Women’s and Children’s Hospital, the mission in Nicaragua, the Erie County Home, nursing homes and Harvest House Baby and Children’s Ministry.
We invite you to bring a brown bag lunch, we break at noon and gather at the kitchen table and eat lunch. A hostess of the month will bring dessert!
Would you like to help?
Even if you can’t come to our meetings, you can help too!
- Donate yarn – If you have yarn you are not going to use, or partial skeins left over from completed projects, we would be glad to have it. We use worsted yarn for the lap robes, sport yarn for the baby hats and blankets. Prayer shawls are made with the more varied yarns, but we take ALL yarn, sort it, and use it as we can.
- Donate unfinished projects.
- Knit or crochet baby hats
- Make Prayer Shawls
- Knit Lap Robe (LR) Squares – These aren’t actually square. They are 30 stitches by 50 rows and usually measure 7½ inches across by 10 inches long. Use size 10 knitting needles and #4 worsted yarn–any color. Cast on 30 stitches. Starting with a knit row, work 50 rows of tockinette stitch, ending with a pearl row. Cast off. Leave a 6” tail at beginning and end. Do not weave in ends.